Sunday, May 1, 2016

The rest of our rainbow days week 1

So we are officially extending rainbow week.  The last few days we just haven't had the time to do much at all.  I'm hoping things will quiet down next week and we can have more time to finish everything up.  I'm also hoping to get my reading area set up!  Keep your fingers crossed! I'm going to compile a few days worth of photos today, just because there are so few...  

Working at the rainbow table


We are coloring noodles 


Drying out. These are for a project that we have yet
to do.  



We did a counting game with our rainbow bears.
You roll the dice and add that number of bears in
colored bowl.  It's also color matching but Em needs
no help with that.


Keira was very interested in the game too.  When
we were done Em asked to play another counting
game


So I brought out our rainbow abacus.  Same idea
with the dice but using the beads.  Every time we
counted out a new color of beads, she pushed them over to
the left. Then we would just keep adding beads to the
left as we rolled the dice.  She wanted to count every
bead we used, so instead of just adding the previous
set of beads to the new set, she started counting from
the very first bead. Each time. Eventually she got all the way up
to 54.  Then we stopped.   She was really into this
game.  And keeps asking to do more counting games.
Now I'm scouring pinterest for more ideas.  I can't
keep up with her!

Playing with the rainbow stacker

The lighting is bad, but I took this picture because
at the time they were all playing so nicely
together.  Of course I come along with the
camera and mess it all up.  :)

Eating cheese and being cute

It's so nice when they play on their own without
fighting.  

I brought out the shape sorter for her to try.  She
got the circle but the other shapes were too
hard for her.
Just because.  lol!  Leaving Happy Hollow and
eating not only her Popsicle but Emily's too.


Another counting game, using our counting cubes.
This is after Happy Hollow which is why her face
painted
 


We didn't do a whole lot of counting before it
turned into a look what I can make game.

Building towers.  It was pretty neat watching her
come up with new designs, and realizing
what the shapes resembled.  Like letters.  One
creation was a magnifying glass, but look at it
another way and it's the letter P, Yet also B and D, and
so on.  
That's it for this week.  I asked Em what theme she wanted next and she said Unicorns!  Uh oh.  I'm not sure I can find enough material for that.  We will see!