Thursday, April 28, 2016

Rainbow week continues, day 2



I was too tired to post last night, so I'm still a couple days behind. This is Tuesday's post.   It was a rare day in that we were able to stay home which was very nice and we were able to do much more. Emily of course went to school in the morning, Alli had speech therapy with her new teacher.  It took her a while to warm up to her, but she eventually did. She didn't let me put the hearing aides in, but she did wear the left one the whole time at school yesterday, so we are improving!   Still a no for the right ear, which means we need to ask the doctor about that, but luckily we have an appointment at Stanford on May 2nd, so maybe we can get to the bottom of this issue.  btw she said bubble today in speech therapy, first time I've heard her say that!  Not a whole lot else to say, so I will move right along to the pictures...


Playing with the rainbow table. I thought it was
neat that she was adding the colored squares inside
the rainbow "tunnel".

Checking out the rainbow shelves.

I thought this was cool, I don't have a picture of
what this should look like, which is a small triangular
cone.  But Alli turned it into a rocket ship looking
thing.  Thinking outside the box!

Rainbow Play doh mat  all set up

She did not like this one.  I was surprised because
she loves play doh, but she found rolling out the play
doh to make thin ribbons too difficult.  She didn't like
that her play doh lines were thick.  I tried to show her
how to make them thinner or say that it was fine
to make them thick but she gave up at yellow.  

So we moved onto the counting bears and
graphing which she loves!  

Rolling the dice

She loves these graphing games, and loves to count
how many squares are left before they are filled up in
a certain color.

Alli was being so uncooperative that afternoon.
She's digging into the bears, ready to fling them.

I tried giving her this rainbow puzzle gluing activity which
she usually likes, but she only did one half of a
puzzle before she started trying to throw all the
papers around.

Emily had moved onto painting a rainbow, which we
had to let dry and then finish the next day.

Photobomb!

All done painting now to dry and then add the rest
later

Alli decided she wanted to paint too, so I gave her the
other half of the plate to make her own rainbow.
I like how she's painting backwards lol!  And right
here it looks like a bird to me.

Tried to get Keira to do some do a dots, but she
just kept trying to eat it.  

It took about 3 minutes before the hands went in
the paint

Finally trying to make some marks.

Emily wanting to do a cutting activity next
so she is cutting out rainbows, and cutting
along the lines.  

Another photobomb!

She started sticking her hands in the paint water cup
which is too small, so I gave her this bowl to play
in.  

I had to make a phone call, so Matt took the girls
outside where they all went swimming.  Keira is
completely soaked.  If I hadn't been on the phone
when I first came out, I could have got better pics.

All dry and playing at the rainbow table


It's hard to see on this mat, but we are playing a
magnetic alphabet fishing game.  At first we did
our names, and then just went for all the
letters.


Rainbow puzzle game before bed with some
help from the destroyer 

Almost done... Keira wanted so badly to get at those
blocks and she succeeded several times.  It's so hard
to do games with her around.