Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Jungle Week Day 2!


Emily was in school today, so I had Alli and Keira to myself.  Keira, thankfully took a long morning nap, so I had some one on one time with Alli.  She was in a bit of a mischievous mood, which isn't unusual but made it harder to keep her entertained.  We did a lot of activities, and of course she never really does what you expect, which is fine, I just let her do her own thing and she seems to enjoy herself.  By the time Keira woke up, I was feeling pretty tired, and in need of a break, so I let them eat and watch some TV before we had to go pick Emily up for ballet.  



So I finally set up the jungle table.
I know it's pretty inaccurate, especially 
the animals, but I figure the girls don't
really care at this point. It's just about
having fun. 









 I originally wanted to do animal prints in the
clay, and I showed that to Alli, but she was
way more interested in just playing with it
especially once I gave her water.

Helping out

She was really interested in the clay, 

Add caption

She really wanted to use some paint, which reminded me of something I saw on
Pinterest with paint and animal tracks, so I hooked her up with a few animals
and construction paper and she went to to town.


Of course then they had to get washed in the water left over from the
cornmeal activity we did earlier
                                                                 
Doing animal tracks in Play Doh



This activity was supposed to be letter tracing in cornmeal, but she was
not at all interested in that.  I took the letter out, and added animals
which she liked much better.


Animal Matching activity, she got most of the animals right, but not all the bodies on straight.
:)

Another view.  I had her glue the pieces on, so many are upside down, lopsided etc.  lol!

But she really enjoyed this one too bad I only had one sheet.

This is supposed to be a cut out mask, which she colored (sort of), I haven't
actually cut the mask out yet.  

Jungle Play Doh mat


That's all for today!!