Sunday, April 17, 2016

Jungle Week Day 3

It's the end of the week, and yet we are only on our 3rd day of our Jungle Theme.  It's been a busy week, with needing to go over the hill,  various doctors appointments, and school.  We've all been sick with colds and unfortunately, I ended up with pink eye which oddly enough has been hard on me.  It is no fun that's for sure.  The fact that school started again, has made quite a difference in what we can do each day .  Add in to that, ballet, swimming and various play dates, and suddenly our time to do our theme projects is very short.   Considering we haven't done all I was hoping to do, and this weekend is crazy busy with no time to prepare for the next theme, I'm thinking of extending Jungle week for another week.  I actually think a whole week will be too long, but I want to keep to our schedule of starting new themes on Mondays.   Anyway, here are Friday's activities.  

Coloring her monkey mask

I thought I'd try this shadow matching activity with Alli and she really liked it and had no trouble at all. 

Add caption

Working on the monkey mask, 

She wanted to cut the mask herself with me doing the eyes. She did a great job with the scissors.

Matching animal halves which again she had no trouble with.  

Working on a magnetic animal puzzle which isn't really jungle related, but I'm pretending it is

Matching animals to their fur

Silly Lion

Monkey mask that she colored and  cut out herself.  Alli really really didn't like it so we had to
put it away.  :(

Fishing for moss for our rainforest

Making a rainforest in a jar.  A cute idea, but you are supposed to put it in some sunlight
and my house just doesn't seem to have any sunny spots inside.  So I'm not sure how it's going to work.


You are supposed to keep it watered so it doesn't mold.  Eventually it should start producing condensation but like I said it needs  a little sun.   A window sill is good, but so far none of mine get sunlight.  :(

The jungle table getting some use.