Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Rainbow week is in the house!



It's rainbow week!  I'm still trying to catch up on posts, so this is from Monday.  We didn't have a whole lot of time yesterday since the girls were in school half the day, and then I had a doctors appointment over the hill in the afternoon, which of course takes the other half of the day.  We had a couple hours in between though and let me tell you, Emily couldn't wait to get started.  The first thing she asked when I picked her up from school was if the rainbow theme was set up.  When we got home she wanted to do the activities right away.  Which some of them can be seen in the picture above.  That's all her art on the walls.  The calendar I stole from our front door, she made that in school, but it fit our theme perfectly so I used it.  I actually tried finding some images on google of rainbows to print out, but I couldn't find any that I really liked, or that were big enough to print.  Then it hit me, use Emily's art!!  She's always painting, coloring, drawing etc.  so why not use it.  
In Alli news we did not have as successful of a day wearing hearing aides as we did on Sunday.  She only had them in for a couple hours total.  And today was the same story.  She pretty much sits still for the left ear, and today I tried the right ear, but she still pulls away and holds her hand over it.  So it definitely seems something is hurting. Hope that ends soon!
So here are a few pics of our theme in action yesterday...

Do a dot rainbow.  She lined all her colors up in
rainbow order before she started.  :)

She's got a helper!


Tracing letters and coloring in the rainbow
She really likes these activities for some reason
She's really into counting, letters and writing
right now.


We got out the alphabet alligators.  You match
the letters by snapping the halves together.


Keira liked to dump the basket while Alli worked on getting
the letters together.  She had just had dinner so she lost her
pants in the 

Sorry for the orange lighting but this is actually at
night.  She is playing with part of a rainbow
stacking toy.  I believe Emily had the other half.


Working at the new shelves.


Reading What Makes a Rainbow book.  She says she's
never read it before, but they have this book at
school, and then proceeded to tell me how
the story went.  But she had never read it before.  :)


These animals that she is playing with actually
come apart, and you can snap them together.
I thought she would like putting the halves together
and color matching, but she just preferred to
play with them as is.

Working hard



I have to admit I was somewhat at a loss about how to set
this table up.  So I brought everything out and just placed it around.  Later on I added bigger blocks, which I don't have a picture of right now.  The girls have been playing with it so it looks completely different now anyway.

We busted out our Hungry Caterpillar story board felt set.  It's
pretty colorful so i'm counting it as a rainbow activity.  :)

After the Hungry Caterpillar she wanted to make
a rainbow butterfly.  Matt drew the butterfly, (mine
was rejected lol!)


She cut it out and gave it to a friend at school today.  :)
  

If I wasn't so tired, I would do the post from today, but my eyes are telling me, that's not going to happen.  Stay tuned!